Thursday, June 19, 2008

Allow myself to introduce...myself. I am Doctor Logistics.

Finally, 9 months after the initial creation of this blog, the Doctor has finally completed his residency and is now ready to operate.

Doctor Logistics looks forward to sharing his ramblings regarding the travel industry, travel trends, Boston sports, Dutch soccer, USA Basketball, the best place to eat sausage in the Bay Area, and lots of other random topics with you.

Sadly in the delay since the initial launch of this blog last September there have already been major happenings on several of those afforementioned fronts. Most notably would be the Red Sox' 2007 World Series championship, Games 3 & 4 of which the Doctor attended along with the future Mrs. Logistics. Oh yeah - the Doctor also got engaged. More on that later.

In the fast-paced world that is the blogosphere it also seems like it might already be too late to share my thoughts about the Celtics' 17th NBA Championship. I'm going to anyway, but I'll also defer on that for now.

And of course in the past 9 months the 18-0 Patriots also blew a perfect season against the crappy Manning brother. Because I am going to try to refrain from using foul language in this blog, it is probably best off that I was not actively posting when that happened. I will say this to Tom Brady, however: When you ditch your nice girl-next-door baby's mama for a Brazilian underwear model, well then sooner or later bad things are gonna happen. It's called karma, and it's a bitch.

Dutch soccer? Watch this space tomorrow following Clockwork Orange's Euro 2008 quarterfinal match against Russia. I will definitely have a lot to say. Let me start off with this: Van Basten is a god. What took the KNVB so long to get him involved with the national side again?

And last but not least, the first travel-related blog will be posted shortly...

No comments: